First up Thanksgiving. My parents came up to our house this year. It was nice not having to travel with a baby. You just have to pack so much stuff when they are small. Brian received a free turkey from work so to my mom's delight we had a traditional Thanksgiving turkey. Now I was thinking of doing something else. My dad doesn't really like any kind of poultry though he told me he would eat his token piece. I only really like turkey when it is smothered in gravy or dressing (i.e. so I can't really taste it) Brian will eat anything that is cooked he didn't really care. My sister also thought having something different or even injecting the Turkey with Bar-B-Q or Teriyaki flavoring would be nice. My Mom however was very disappointed at the idea of not having a Traditional Turkey. Something about childhood memories and this being the only time she gets to have turkey and stuffing (another thing that my mom and Brian were the only ones who ate any of it). So being that I didn't have to buy the Turkey I decided we should cook it up. However when making it other than to ask my mom a few questions about a couple of points I kicked her out of the kitchen and made the Turkey my own way. My Dad and Brian helped with the washing and bagging of the Turkey. My mom kindly set the table without making a peep about whether I was doing things wrong or not. There were plenty of other side dishes so we all ended up being full and happy. I was Thankful that the day turned out to be nice and that we have family who loves and supports us. And that I had a few days of someone else changing all of Ethan's diapers:)

Second: Ethan's Baby Blessing. It was a good day.

Mackenzie wanted to sit next to Eraleigh. Eraleigh wanted to be left alone and crawled onto her dads lap. Eric was kind enough to let Mackenzie sit on his lap as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment