Wednesday, September 15, 2010

June the happiest month on earth


Warning this is a long post. It will be mostly pictures with a few captions. Some of you know we went to Disneyland with my family. We stayed in New Port Beach and then drove to our various destinations. The first day we went to Disneyland. Here are my favorite pictures of the day.

 
Mackenzie was so happy. We were able to get her picture with all of the Princesses except Ariel (maybe next time). We did have to stand in line twice but to me it was worth it because it was what she wanted to do. The next day we went to the New Port Beach Temple. I forgot my camera and so I do not have any pictures of it. I need to get one from my sister so I can hang up the "pink" temple in Mackenzies' room.
On the third day we went to Disney California Adventure Park. Here are my favorite pictures from that day.
Again we were able to meet lots of characters.

 
The next day was a "free day". Brian wanted to go to the airplane museum in chino. So we put the kids in the car and drove to Chino. Brian took a lot of pictures of the planes but I decided to display the few we actually have us in them.


 
After we had been at the museum for a few hours I reminded Brian I had wanted to go do to Crystal Cove which was right down the road from where we were staying so we traveled back to New Port and got stuck in traffic. I had to call up my family and let them know we would be late. We finally arrived and were able to spend about 45 min. at the beach.
I wished I hadn't committed to going and seeing a movie. I think I would have preferred to stay at the beach a little longer. Later that night we had a funny experience at a restaurant that on their website said they were "casual" dining. We even called them up and the women who answered told us casual dress was fine. Ha! First we pulled into the parking lot and they had a sign up that said Complementary Valet Parking. Looking at the other cars in the lot we new ours was out classed by miles. There were Porches, Mazaradis(I think that's how you spell that), Jaguars, Corvettes, Mustangs, various shapes and sizes of Cadillac's, and several other high end looking cars that I couldn't name. My mom wanted to turn around and go to subway but we told her no we were there we were going to get something to eat. Brian said he wanted to ask the valet if he had ever drove anything with children's car seats in the back before but restrained himself. The hostess was really polite and didn't even blink an eye at our shorts and t-shirts. There was a Lakers game on that night so they were busy and asked if we wanted to sit out on the patio where they had a fire going. (It had become chilly.) Again my mom thought it would be too cold but the rest of us were hungry so we said yes. At least that part we didn't have to worry about. They had closed all the windows and the retractable roof. However walking through the restaurant we realized we were underdressed. Then they gave us the menus and maybe we should have left when we found out they didn't have a kids menu, booster seats or high chairs of any kind. But we decided that we would eat anyway. The prices were higher than we are used to seeing but portion size was actually decent for what you were paying. All the adults thought the food was great but the kids didn't really enjoy it. Eraleigh got bored and threw a fit. The management was nice enough to turn off the buzzer on the fire escape door and Eric was able to take her outside until she calmed down. We only saw one other child there and she was only 6 weeks old. As we were leaving we were commenting on how underdressed we felt. Going down the stairs we passed some younger couples in evening dresses and tuxes. I heard them say after we passed "I think we are over dressed" HAHA. As we were waiting for our cars to arrive from valet parking a Lamborghini pulled up. I think the valet driving our car was disappointed not to have been there to drive it. We had a good laugh and decided we should try and go to upscale restaurants with our kids more often to see what kind of looks and service we get. The staff was really good I think that they have tourist like us all the time.
Anyways the last day we were there we went back to Disneyland resort. Our day was cut short when Mackenzie fell asleep and we wandered around doing nothing while she slept then found out she had a fever. Not a great ending to our week but these things happen and the rest of the time we had fun.
 
Just a few random pictures to finish off the month of June.

2 comments:

Ryan and Christina said...

You are so lucky to catch that many princesses! We waited hours and hours in line once and got Bell (that was good), The Fairy Godmother, and Mulan! Such a bummer!
Your little ones are so cute!

Michelle said...

I look really upset in that picture with Kenzie on the King Triton Carousel! Thanks for posting it, sis!