Saturday, January 10, 2009

Twas the Sunday Night Before Christmas

So the Sunday night before Christmas we went over to the Macbeans house to unwrap some gifts. Mostly those for us and watch them unwrap the gifts from us. When we first walked into the house Mackenzie thought it was buisness as usually. Meaning she asked the first person we saw "Where Ashy an tena" (Ashlynn and McKenna). We went and found them in the kitchen and were standing there talking while the girls went into the family room to play. As she was walking off I asked her if she wanted to unwrap some presents. She got this suprised look on her face and then ran off saying "Come on Guys. Open Presents." She was waving her arms at us and even came back to make sure we followed her. It was really cute. I so wish I had my camera up and running but I did not expect such an enthusiastic response. I hadn't had any trouble with her playing with the gifts or even touching them. I didn't think she understood what they were. Any way we took the gifts back into the family room were there was a fire going. Mackenzie at first didn't understand what she was supossed to do.



Once she got the hang of tearing the wrapping paper off the box she unwrapped Four of her gifts fairly quickly.

Though she did want to open, play, and try on everything as she opened it and before she moved onto the next gift. Here are some pictures of her trying on some of her new clothes.

Once she was done trying stuff on Brian tried to get her to put her skirt and sweater back on but she decided she was done with gifts and ran off. Even though there were several people telling her to come back and unwrap her last gift. She even looked back for a second and I waved the gift so she could see it but she was done and not coming back until she was good and ready.


We decided to open up our presents while she was off and running but she came back to show us her wonderful find. BELLS! Bells that were tied together onto a ring and they actually worked. Needless to say we heard her coming before she arrived back in the room.


Finally we were able to convince her to sit back down and open her last gift. Which she had us promtly open and she carried the doll around wraped up in her new sweater the rest of the night.


I also got some great gifts from my In-laws

Here is a suprise present from Brian (for those of you who know my parents you will understand why he suprised me before christmas.













Yes that is me holding a gun people. He bought me my very own hand gun. Now I can just feel the shivers of horror and worry but it is locked up in my closet away from ammo and will be like that unless we are going out shooting (which by the way I discovered was really fun to do). I wont be carrying it around. I don't feel comfortable wearing it out in the open and I don't have a concealed carry permit..................................................................................................Yet ; )
And just so he doesn't feel left out here are some pictures of Brian with his stuff.

2 comments:

the Lola Letters said...

Soooo fun! You guys are funny! (And your baby is SO not a baby!)

Sorry, I have to delete comments with major typos and post them again. That's just how I roll!

Cindy B said...

Mackenzie is adorable!