On the Wednesday before Mother's Day, Brian had an unexpected day off. So what did we do. We took Mackenzie to Hogle Zoo. It was her first time and she was very excited to see real live animals that she has only seen on T.V. or in cartoons. She herself was not in the mood to have her picture taken, but she did encourage the animals to smile for the camera. Her words were "Hey (insert animal name) smile. Mommy is taking a picture. Smile for Mommy." It cracked me up. She wouldn't look at me and smile but she sure wanted to make sure I got some good pictures of them. Here are a few pictures I was able to get of her, Brian and some animals.


I am putting this picture in because I had to wait ten minutes for the gorilla to present a view other than his backside.
The large desert tortoise was one of Mackenzies favorites. She wanted to ride him.
Mackenzie loved the Carousel. She was saying weeeee a lot and would smile and laugh but I was not fast enough with the camera to get a picture of her looking happy to be there.
Our last stop before we headed home was a ride on the train.
All in all we had a wonderful day together.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a good time! And I'm glad Kenzie had her priorities straight in wanting the animals to look their best.
We still haven't been on the new carousel at the zoo! I need to go!
Post a Comment