At the end of August I went down to Cedar City for the First ever Larson Women Shakespearean Festival Trip.
We had so much fun. The Participants were:
Brooke, Michelle, Leslie, Aunell, Jenn, Kim, and Myself.
The first play we saw was
"The Secret Garden"
The music was lovely. They all had wonderful voices. I enjoyed all of the actors except Dickon. I thought the actor was a little to old for the part and came off creepy instead of eccentric when he was first introduced in the play. I also believe I had recently heard the song "Lily's Eyes". Can't remember where though.
We didn't have a play to see that night so we ended up crashing at Leslie's house with junk food and a movie. I seriously believe I gained ten pounds that weekend. Eight of them that night.
The next day we went and saw "The Comedy of Errors" I think that this was my favorite. They played with the audience, and a few times entered in some Bro's and What's ups'. Also we all noted that it is good to be at least four or five rows back when sitting in the auditorium, because the spit was flying during some of the longer monologs.
The last play was saw and the only one we saw in the outdoor Shakespearen Theater was "As You Like It" I belive
that this is more of a tragic comedy. Yes most of it is funny but there were some sad/dark parts in this story. Again the acting was superb. Loved the costumes and the scenery.
I had a really good time. I hope to go again. I would recommend to go to at least one play if you have never been. You are sure to become hooked.
2 comments:
Kathy Jo and I went down a few months ago and saw Comedy and Secret Garden... I cried at Secret Garden... and Comedy was HI-LARIOUS. We try to go every year. We also hit Cedar Breaks National Monument, and did some mountain biking.
How fun! The only time I have been there was on a field trip in highschool. I seem to remember you being there. :) I would love to go again sometime. I haven't been to a play in a long time-I think Brian & I are going to "the foriener" next month. It is playing here & that was the only play that I ever had a lead role in-so that should be fun. :)
Post a Comment