Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Fourth of July

I was so going to divide this into diferent sections but decided I really didn't have the time so this could end up being one long post.
First thing we did was get up and go to the Balloon festival. I thought it would be something Mackenzie would like to see. We had fun and stayed long enough to see a few ballons make it back for the bean bag toss onto a large target. Pretty fun. Here are just a few pictures of what we saw.
Then we headed home so Brian could play some football. While he was warming up and they were waiting for the cones and flags, Brian played with Mackenzie she loved it.
I wanted to go to the fair so we headed down there. I didn't end up buying anything but we did purchase a ticket so Mackenzie could bounce. She loved it so much she started throwing a fit when she had to get off. Of course unless she is done jumping and tells you she wants off she throws a fit getting off a trampoline. So this fit was not all that suprising. Maybe more intense because it was nap time.
Later in the afternoon we were invited by the Caziers to come to the park for a BBQ picnic and water games. They played duck, duck, goose. It was funny to watch the little ones run around and around and around instead of running and sitting right down. Mackenzie and Ivory at one point started to run away from the circle.
They also had a water balloon fight as well as an all out water fight. The kids thought it was fun to get the adults so most of the adults ended up sopping wet.
After that we went home got dried off and gathered to light fireworks.
All in all it was a great Fourth of July.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

We had a great time. So glad you could come. I miss your posts. When you posted today, I about had a mini heart attack that you had had the baby. Sounds like he is still waiting.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! :)